Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Running Tours

This weekend I am headed to San Francisco with some friends for a long weekend of full-fledged FUN. I happened to stumble upon this trip after a long day of drinking (read: do not surf travel sites while intoxicated), and found a great deal. Round trip airfare plus four nights at a boutique hotel for a total of $410. Not bad, eh? And, it happens to be Pride weekend in San Francisco. Although completely unplanned, we chose an excellent weekend to visit. Pride weekend in San Fran will be C-R-A-Z-Y.

While there are multiple trips planned to Citizen Cake, Beach Blanket Babylon, and Badlands, I am going to try my best to fit in a run or two. I think one of the best ways to see a city is by hitting the pavement and exploring the urban jungle. And guess what? There are running tours in the fair city of San Francisco! Thanks to a tip from another running tour company, City Running Tours (tours in New York, Chicago, Austin, Washington, DC, Charleston, and San Diego -www.cityrunningtours.com), I found American Running Guides (www.theendurables.com). I am now in the process of booking a four to five mile running tour. Although I considered running with the San Francisco Road Runners Club for a Saturday morning run (which is FREE), I hope to book an actual guided tour, as it will be relatively flat and fine-tuned for visitors from afar. I seriously do not think there is a better way to get in some exercise and tour a city. I will be multi-tasking on my vacation. How efficient.

Some people like to go on vacations to relax and escape from their reality. They like to pig out on cake, drink kegs of beer, and dance until the sun comes up. While I will most likely partake in all of these activities, I will also be running the streets of San Fran. So, dear readers, there may be a brief lull in my blogging activity in the coming days, but fear not. I will be back next week with a full report of my San Francisco excursion, including a synopsis of the running tour and memories of complete debauchery.

No comments:

Post a Comment